Register for the TAV College ping pong tournament
- The players are not permitted to speak to their opponents during the games. Appropriate
- sporting behaviour is expected from all participants and rules of conduct are to be strictly
- followed at all times.
- Players are required to arrive are on time for the match, late attendance (10 min) will results in an automatic forfeit.
- A 2 minute warmup will be allowed between the players before the Initial Rally.
- A protest against any decision must be given to the referee. The decision of the referee is final.
- Apart from the players and principals, no other person shall be allowed in the actual playing area during the games, except with the express permission of the referee.
- Once the warmup is finished an initial rally of at least 3 exchanges occurs to determine the starting player.
- Each Player will serve for 5 points before alternating.
- The ball becomes in play as soon as it leaves the players hand.
- If, in attempting to serve, a player fails to strike the ball while it is in play, his opponent will be awarded a point.
- The server shall strike it so that it touches first his court and then, passing directly over or around the net assembly touches the receiver’s court without touching the net assembly.
A Good Return
- The ball, having been served or returned in play, shall be struck so that it passes directly over or around the net assembly and touches the opponent’s court, either directly or after touching the net assembly.
- Unless the rally is a let, a player shall score the point:
- If his opponent fails to make a good service.
- If his opponent fails to make a good return.
- If, after he has made a good service or a good return, the ball touches anything other than the net assembly before being struck by his opponent.
- If his opponent obstructs the ball.
- If his opponent strikes the ball twice successively.
- If his opponent strikes the ball with a side of the racquet blade having an illegal surface.
- If his opponent, or anything he wears or carries, moves the playing surface.
- If his opponent, or anything he wears or carries, touches the net assembly.
- A game shall be won by the player or pair first scoring 21 points unless both players score 20 points, when the game shall be won by the first player or pair subsequently gaining a lead of 2 points.
- For every match as a whole as referee shall be appointed. The referee shall be responsible for:
- Interpretation of laws and regulations for competition.
- The umpire shall sit or stand in line with the net.
- The umpire shall be responsible for:
- Checking the acceptability of equipment and playing conditions and reporting any deficiency to the referee.
- Taking a ball at random in accordance with the rules.
- Conducting the draw for choice of serving, receiving and ends.
- Controlling the order of serving, receiving and ends and correcting any errors therein.
- Deciding each rally as a point or a let.
- Calling the score in accordance with specified procedure.
- Maintaining the continuity of play.
- Taking action for breaches of the advice or behavior regulations.
The referee shall decide whether the ball in play touches the edge of the playing surface at the side of the table top nearest to him.