Register for the TAV College chess tournament
1. The players are not permitted to speak to their opponents during the games. Appropriate
sporting behaviour is expected from all participants and rules of conduct are to be strictly
followed at all times.
2. During the playing session, a player may leave the playing area only with the permission of
the Chief Arbiter and only if he is accompanied by one of the arbiters.
3. Players are required to arrive are on time for the match, late attendance (10 min) will results in an automatic forfeit.
4. The draw for Colours and Pairings will be made by the arbiter.
5. A protest against any decision must be given to the arbiter. The decision of the arbiter is final.
6. Apart from the players and principals, no other person shall be allowed in the actual playing
area during the games, except with the express permission of the Chief Arbiter.
7. The players are not permitted to bring into the playing venue any electronic or technical or
other equipment extraneous to play, which may in any way disturb or upset the opponent or may be
in breach of the Rules of Chess. The Chief Arbiter shall decide what constitutes extraneous
equipment liable to offend the opponent or may be in breach of the Rules of Chess.
8. The players shall shake hands (or shall greet each other in a normal social manner in
accordance with the conventional rules of their society) before the start and after the end of each
9. During the game, a player may talk only to an arbiter.
10. During play, Arbiter must be present in the playing area.
11. Tournaments will be played according to the rules of the inadequate supervision of the Rapid
play Laws of Chess (FIDE Handbook, E.I.01B Appendices, art. 1 to 4).