About Early Childhood Education AEC
The goal of the attestation in Early Childhood Education is to provide educational services to a group of children from 0-12 years in an early childhood care setting.
The main function of this educator is to create an environment promoting the physical, motor cognitive, language, socio-affective and moral development of the child by establishing with him or her a significant affective relationship. In addition, his or her role is to develop, organize, lead and evaluate educational activities that promote overall child development. This job function is similar to all new educators.
Furthermore, the educator must not only ensure the health, security and well-being of the children under his or her care, but also see to his or her own health (physical and mental) by organizing a secure daycare environment where daily activities are not overwhelming and by using stress management skills. In this respect, learning to balance and renew one’s energies through a healthy lifestyle represents an essential competency that an educator must master in order to assume his or her numerous responsibilities and tasks.
Students graduating in the Early Childhood Education ACS (JEE.0K) will be well prepared to do the following:
- Analyze the work function
- Observe the behavior of the child
- Identify the needs of a child or in relation to its overall development
- Conduct their work safely in the workplace
- Establish a significant emotional relationship with the children
- Intervene with regard to child health
- Communicate in the Workplace
- Provide assistance to children
- Make use of creativity in professional interventions
- Design global development activities
- Organize and facilitate educational activities
- Take appropriate action with respect to the behaviour of children
- Write and edit texts within the profession